Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

**REVIEW** THE GOOD GIRLS by TERESA MUMMERT







My life was meticulously planned and I refused to deviate from that path. While my peers were partying, I prepared for the future. Then a tragic event destroyed everything and I learned that while I was looking ahead, I forgot to live in the moment. 

Starting over seemed impossible until I met Cara McCarthy, who lived every day like it was her last. She opened my eyes to a world of chaos and disorder. I loved every minute of it. She was also dating Tristan Adams, one of the most gorgeous men I’d ever seen.

The three of us became inseparable. Our parents were oblivious and soon lines became blurred, feelings began to grow, and someone’s heart was going to get broken. I hoped it wasn’t mine.








I love Teresa’s writing whether it be her Facebook status’s or her books. The lady just has a way of writing, and if you have ever read her bio at the back of her books you will know what I mean. When I saw, Teresa had a book up for review I literally ripped her hand off and bugged her constantly for three days until it arrived on my Kindle. I don't like to know about a story often because I would make a judgement about it not being my kind of book. I did know this was about two girls who fall in love; I can honestly say I looked forward to reading it. Many writers make their “ gay” stories trashy, but Teresa has written a more true to life book. It is a beautiful coming of age love story and the characters just happen to be female.

The story starts in the present  and Cara is in bed in the hospital wondering if she is dead  and in heaven or if she survived the attack. Elise arrives and tells her she needs to call the cops and report this as a hate crime. 

 Rewind back in time and Ellie coming to live with her dad, Dawn and Cara because her mum has been murdered. Cara shows elise true friendship and over time they become quite familiar with lines blurring.  Cara tries to step back and keep elise safe from her, but things happen and elise finds things out.  Will our “good girls” find their way back to each other or will things keep standing in their way.

FIVE STARS 

No comments:

Post a Comment