Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2015

**REVIEW** A POUND OF FLESH by SOPHIE JACKSON #POF

If your not interested in my story skip to the actual REVIEW below. many years ago I read a book called Twilight and  it rocked my socks off . I finished the entire series in a week barely stopping to cook meals. I made a twitter account and joined the Twilight fandom. From there I met some wonderful friends who I'm sure will be lifelong friends. A few friends told me about wattpad and fan fiction .net I lost myself in fan fiction. A few of these stories have been published as books. You may have heard of my favourite, Some little book called FIFTY SHADES OF GREY by E.L.JAMES. 
But let me get to the point, one that was brilliant and is published TODAY is A POUND OF FLESH by SOPHIE JACKSON. This book had a massive following in the fic world with 4.5 million reads and yes I read this as a fic but reading that the story had been massively cut to make it more like a standard book size I was interested to see how the story would fair. 


BLURB 
Wes Carter: Dangerous, brooding and behind bars, Carter's emotional scars are as permanent as the ink on his skin.
Kat Lane: Vibrant and gutsy, Kat chooses to become a prison tutor in tribute to her father whose murder haunts her. 
Although worlds apart, when their eyes meet, Carter and Kat's searing attraction is instant. 
As teacher and student, any relationship is against every rule. 
But although their love is forbidden, it won't be denied... 

A Pound of Flesh is a tale of loyalty, redemption and all-consuming love against the odds, introducing an irresistible bad boy hero…





pound of flesh, something that strict justice demands is due, but can only be paid with great loss or suffering to the payer.


its not something I have really considered before reading this book but a pound of flesh being your debt but it certainly stuck in my mind.
This book in my mind is a contemporary romance its quite a stark contrast to the CEO/ BILLIONAIRE books flooding the market, even though the male is a CEO the story is very original in its plot. The romance isn't all hearts and flowers its more Harley Davidson than a Limo but thats whats so perfect about it. The book is written in the third person point of view which makes a nice change from the alternate points of view i have been reading lately. The writing style is very easy to read and the author puts her point across well, its very clear what she is trying to say. 
I don’t want to give to much away with regard to the plot but you can't help but feel that the nice teacher and bad boy criminal were meant to be together, that its fate bringing them together.

all round brilliant book and 5* read.

No comments:

Post a Comment