Pages

Thursday 3 December 2015

**RELEASE & REVIEW** RENILLIA by M. SEMBERA

There was some comfort in the realization that we were all horribly flawed.



Rennillia 1 (Rennillia Series #1)
New Adult
M. Sembera
Dec. 3, 2015
Set in a small southern town, death, love, hurt, friendship and anger bond Rennillia Cantinelli, Scott Herterand, Emerson Roberts and Jackson Thomas while shaping the paths they will follow into adulthood.
After a six year separation from her friends, Ren returns to the Roberts' house to start over.
Caught between love, loyalty, friendship and restrained by obligations, these four discover the bond they formed long ago is not the only thing holding them together.






Excerpt:
Rushing downstairs, I found Emerson in the kitchen.
 “Hey,” I called, entering the room.
 He turned greeting me, “Good morning.”
 Intent to get it over as quick as possible, I stated, “We need to talk.”
 His face turned wary as he revealed, “I heard y'all arguing last night. I think we should talk. This was a bad idea. I thought it would be good for y'all to be together, but…”
 Stopping him, I said, “Wait. That’s not what I was talking about.” Sighing, I found I didn’t want to talk to him anymore and asked, “Where's Hert?”
 Emerson walked closer to me, saying, “He left. He didn’t say where he was going. Ren, if it’s not working out…”
 I stopped him again, raising my voice a little this time, “Why do you keep saying that? Things are perfect. I wanted to talk to you because we decided not to wait anymore. We are going to get our marriage license today and make an appointment at the courthouse. I wanted to see if your parents could come in early. We have three days and I don’t want them to miss it.”
 Appearing distressed, Emerson replied, “Why are you rushing?”
 Defensive, I argued, “I’m not. I’m just tired of waiting. And just so you know whether you think it’s a good idea or not, that’s what we're doing. I don’t know who you think you are. Plans and strategies didn’t make me love Hert. I fell in love of my own free will. Now will you call your parents and ask them to come in early or do I need to?”
 Sounding miserable, Em stated, “You know that means I’m leaving sooner.”
 Throwing my hands up, I shouted, “No one is making you! That's your choice! You can still wait to leave!” 
 Emerson shouted back, “No, I can’t! I can’t stay here with you married to Hert!”
 Sitting down at the table placing my head in my hands, I asked, “Why not?”
 Opening his mouth, he paused before hanging his head, replying, “I didn’t know it would make me feel this way.”
Emerson's reply seemed more like he was talking to himself than answering my question.
 Slightly outraged, I snapped, “What way?”
Emerson, always selfless, determined to put everyone else’s needs before his own was picking now, three days before I was to be Hert’s wife, to be selfish.
 “You know, Ren, I didn’t move to Spain with my parents because I needed to stay here with you. You and I, we were meant to be with each other. That is what was supposed to happen.”
Nothing more needed to be revealed. I couldn’t help being hurt. Hurt for Emerson and for myself.
 I looked over at him, scolding, “And you pick right now to tell me this.”
 Emotion seemed to weigh on him as he stated, “I won’t get a chance like this again, to tell. There are things you need to know.”
 Livid, I replied, “No, you won’t, because in three days I'm marrying Hert but you had ten years of chances and never said a word.”
 Emerson seemed regretful as he apologized, “I’m sorry.”
 Trying to hold myself together, I said, “Please don’t do this to me. Not right now.”
 Leaving the room, I heard him say, “I'll call my father.”
Marked Heart Novels by M. Sembera



Four full-length stand alone novels and one novella interconnecting four couples that will make you fall in love, laugh, cry, swoon, and believe in second chances



www.BrokenBirdMedia.com
*******************************************************************************
Individual Links:
Book Links
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26808218-rennillia-1
web page: http://www.brokenbirdmedia.com/The-Rennillia-Series.html
pinterest board:  https://www.pinterest.com/MsemberaBBM/rennillia-1/
buy link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016YGZ1Z2
Author Links
fb fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorM.Sembera.
amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=M.%20Sembera&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank
goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4707427.M_Sembera
twitter: https://twitter.com/M_Sembera
google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/107595295959820500628
Instagram: http://instagram.com/m_sembera
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bdJ_Uj




I adore M Sembera. 
I must admit when I started it I wondered where this story was going, it had some stark emotional scenes but I felt there needed to be more description particularly about the ex even though the book is now finished  don't know much about him or the relationship that had her fleeing. Renillia is a self absorbed whiny little witch but you cant help somehow liking her but although you like her you do question all her motives and wonder what the hell she is thinking half the time. I would have like some more (not much) description of character’s looks wise. The secondary characters had a massive part in this twisty tale that the secondary characters as a whole is more like a third main character. Ren comes to the story with baggage but so does every character in this story. There’s  some stuff i kinda found majorly insane, Renillia isn't interested in Herts job until after they are married, the speed of the “getting together “ after meeting up again. I know its fiction and I'm just nit picking. Looking forward to book 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment