Pages

Saturday 20 February 2016

**REVIEW by ALEX ** TELL ME SOMETHING by AUBREY BONDURANT



The sexual tension is palpable; the erotic path they’re on is inevitable. 

Haylee Holloway has experienced more grief than a twenty-two year old should have to endure. When she moves to LA for a fresh start and takes a job as an assistant for an advertising company the last thing she expects is to have to step in last minute during a photo shoot as the model. 
Her bikini line and weight are suddenly open topics of discussion, and a client’s million dollar campaign is hanging in the balance. To cap it off, the multi-millionaire, gorgeous owner of the company shows up and takes charge. 

Josh Singer, the owner of Gamble Advertising is private, intense, and hard to read. His voice is sexy, his eyes are smoldering and when he learns of Haylee’s goal to save money for law school, he makes her an offer she can’t refuse: 
To move to New York City and work for him directly as his assistant. 

Haylee’s dilemma: how does she travel the world with a gorgeous boss whose voice alone conjures up a romantic fantasy and not completely make a fool of herself? 
Frustrated with Josh’s mixed signals, Haylee finally puts it all on the line. Blurring both their professional and personal lives can they keep things temporary as planned or will they both realize some things weren’t meant to end? 

This book has flavors of romantic comedy, chick lit and a true contemporary romance novel all in one. Told in first person, it's about finding romance where you least expect it 
with the belief that humor, self-discovery, and love really can conquer anything. 

Full Length Standalone book with no cliffhanger. First book of the “Something Series” 
Recommended for mature readers due to situations of language, and sexual content




I need to start my review by hanging my head in shame and apologise for not reading Tell Me Something sooner. You know who you are, just know while your sat with you smug face i'm rolling my eyes and sticking my tongue out.

Ive had this on my kindle for I don't know how long and it dropped further and further down my list. If you have it already i'd strongly advise you to bump it up your list. If your debating whether or not to buy, let your one click finger do what it does best and buy,buy,buy.

If you haven't already gathered already, I loved this book. Although I had a face plant my kindle mount early on as i felt Haylee and Josh's characters came across as very Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey esque. I don't know if the author felt that was what the readers wanted, but that very slight portion near the start didn't feel true to me. the perception i'd built up didn't match up what i was reading.

To me Haylee albeit quietish is funny,intelligent, scared or slightly wary, she knows she's not perfect, she is who she is and knows what she wants, she carries herself with a confidence thats not in your face, she is real! but she came across as a wallflower trying to be brazen for this very few pages before i felt her true character came through.

Tell Me Something pulled me in right at the beginning, apart from the slight in my opinion blip. I was soon laughing, then sobbing (in the bath) to happy smiley face at the end, and honestly disappointed the book had come to an end. I seriously wanted more from Haylee and Josh they have so much more to give.....

id give a very solid 4*'s and definitely put Audrey Bondurant on my auto buy list.

No comments:

Post a Comment